Welcome to Instagram Travel Thursday. This fun link up is hosted by Skimbaco Lifestyle and a few other of my favorite travel bloggers. Every week I post the latest and greatest from my Instagram photo stream to show you a little glimpse into my life here in Costa Rica! For some of you that are new here, we just recently moved to Costa Rica to embark on an epic family adventure and to truly embrace living my passion.
Last week I shared our recent trip to Guatemala for Christmas over on Savvy Sassy Moms.
This week I am sharing a weekend trip to Lake Arenal in Costa Rica that we took while my mom was in town visiting us. Lake Arenal is one of the top tourist destinations in Costa Rica and for very good reason form the Zip lining to the Hot Springs, lake Arenal has something for everyone. The peak of the volcano is hardly ever out, but while we were there we were very fortunate to see it every single day. We stayed at The Lost Iguana and absolutely loved it. The hot springs are the other huge draw to Lake Arenal, there are many places to sit and soak but on this trip we spent the day at The Springs and I have to say, it was pretty incredible.
1. Toad Hall, just follow all the signs to this zany hotel and restaurant.
2. Jumping on the bed at The Lost Iguana
3. Lost Iguana pool
4. Grandma Debbie and McKenna in the pool at The Lost Igunana
5. An epic view of the Arenal Volcano
6. The kids favorite, the monkey slide at The Springs
7. Our amazing outdoor shower
8. Great sushi at The Springs
9. A visit to The Springs animal rescue park.
I will eventually expand more on Lake Arenal, I promise…
Follow my travels on Instagram @andreafellman